I'm Joey Johnson
Freelance Graphic Designer
20+ years of experience
I'm a seasoned graphic designer adept in maintaining established visual brands as well as building new ones. My duties routinely involve conceptualization, research, image and text formatting, troubleshooting for accessibility, and revising and optimizing designs for print and digital distribution.
I'm good at designing:
Reports, brochures, programs, workbooks, templates, magazines and tool kits.
Captivate-ready PSD files and storyboards, slide presentations, companion workbooks and worksheets.
Color and font analysis, visual brand audits, style guide design.
Image research, vector illustrations, idea analysis.
Logos, business card, letterhead, envelope.
Social Media Graphics
Month to month post scheduling and content planning support.
Large Format Graphics
Posters, banners, signage, backdrops.
Email marketing, website graphic optimization.
Roles I've performed:
SEPTEMBER 2015 - PRESENT
(Contractor: Avant Solutions)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Public Health Associate Program – CDC
National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention – CDC
Small Business Innovation Research – CDC
• Design graphic interfaces for online public health courses and training.
• Create collateral for annual training events and public health initiatives.
• Provide on-demand graphics support.
APRIL 1998 -PRESENT
Bulb Graphics, LLC
• Provide on-demand graphics support to over 70 clients including government entities, academic institutions, Fortune 100 companies and small businesses.
• Establish visual brand elements for various clients.
• Research unique ways to present content within the scope of each client's visual brands.
JUNE 1997 - OCTOBER 2006
Graphics Specialist (Contractor: TRW, Electronic Data Systems, Northrup Grumman)
National Center on Birth Defects and
Developmental Disabilities – CDC
National Centers for Environmental Health – CDC
Agency for Toxic Substances and
Disease Registry – CDC
Office of the Director – CDC
• Provided center- and agency-wide, on-demand graphics support.
• Selected out of 10 of the agency’s best designers to create The State of CDC Annual Report (publication disseminated to over 15,000 CDC employees and multiple stakeholders).
What I've designed:
My academic experience:
OCT 2008 - DEC 2010
Film and Video
Georgia State University
Studied film-making with a focus on production design, lighting, and concept development. Core training in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro.
MAY 1996 - MAY 1998
Associate in Arts, Visual Communications
Art Institute of Atlanta
Studied concepts in graphic design, fine art, and photography. Gained core skills in industry-standard software.
I'm proficient with:
My work has been awarded the:
Georgia Tourism Award
Her Story Award
Chamber of Commerce
People have said:
It was a pleasure as usual working with Joey. She was quick, uniquely creative, responsive and accommodating. We’ve received great compliments on the design.
Joey couldn't have been more professional and courteous. Best of all, the timeline was exceeded. I would recommend her without hesitation.
TriCap Financial Services
We have used Joey on a number of important, high profile projects and each time she has gone above and beyond to provide us with excellent service and quality, graphics.